By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st entire, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as an entire creation to the sphere or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from prime interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main up to date and leading edge learn within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, know-how, and their broader highbrow environments
Read or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
The us registered extra special financial progress among the institution of the recent republic and the tip of the Civil warfare. Ross Thomson's clean examine debts for the unparalleled technological ideas that helped propel antebellum progress. Thomson argues that the transition of the USA from an agrarian economic system in 1790 to an business chief in 1865 relied essentially at the unfold of technological wisdom inside of and throughout industries.
The historical past of recent artwork is frequently informed via aesthetic breakthroughs that sync good with profound cultural and political switch. Monet’s riotous landscapes, Picasso’s fractured types, Pollock’s insolent splatters, Warhol’s proliferating soup cansthese examples song with the disruptions of industrialization, fascism, revolution, and warfare, between different affects.
Technology and expertise stories (STS) is a comparatively younger yet influential box. students from disciplines as diversified as city experiences, mobility reviews, media reviews, and physique tradition reports are accomplishing a scientific discussion with STS, trying to increase their very own investigations. inside STS, the Social development of know-how (SCOT) idea has proved to be essentially the most influential in its neighboring fields.
On the flip of the 20th century, electrical energy emerged as a metaphor for modernity. Writers from Mark Twain to Ralph Ellison grappled with the belief of electrical energy as either lifestyles strength (illumination) and demise spark (electrocution). the concept electrification created solely sleek reviews took carry of usa citizens' imaginations, whether or not they welcomed or feared its adoption.
- Robotic Exploration of the Solar System: Part 3: Wows and Woes, 1997-2003 (Springer Praxis Books)
- The First Eagles: The American Pilots Who Flew With the British, Became Aces, and Won World War I
- Compact Cassettes Milestones - Philips 1963 - 1999 - including Norelco and Mercury & a Selection from A - Z / 1963 - 2017 (German Edition)
- Urban Modernity: Cultural Innovation in the Second Industrial Revolution (MIT Press)
- Make It Rain: State Control of the Atmosphere in Twentieth-Century America
Additional info for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks