By C.J. Shane
Topics coated are:
• how group faculties healthy into the U.S. approach of upper education
• the benefits of beginning your American schooling at a group college
• the stairs you want to wade through to check at an American group college
• key elements to contemplate whilst picking out an American neighborhood university reminiscent of move agreements
• the method of employing to and gaining front right into a neighborhood college
• the method of utilizing for a U.S. visa together with required types
• the types wanted whilst arriving within the U.S. and passing via U.S. customs
• determining sessions at your neighborhood collage and the way to sign up for these classes
• tips on how to get support bettering your English-language skills
• fundamentals approximately residing in the USA, together with housing, transportation, and scientific care
• American tradition and the way to house tradition shock
• profiles of 7 American neighborhood schools in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Texas
• statement by means of overseas scholars at present learning at American neighborhood colleges
Includes thesaurus of phrases and index.
Read or Download American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide PDF
Similar college & university education books
Undercuts the normal knowledge approximately failing colleges, deteriorating households, and useless public policies.
Big-time collage activities embodies the beliefs of amateurism and gives a major supplement to school schooling. Or so its apologists may have us think. As Andrew Zimbalist indicates during this exceptional research, collage activities is mostly a vastly commercialized in response to actions which are usually beside the point or even destructive to schooling.
Leaders and lecturers can increase the standard of upper schooling instructing, and thereby the standard in their graduates, via reflecting on institution-wide practices. This ebook explores the interaction among actors inside associations, organisational constitution, dedication of senior management, involvement of college and scholars, and evaluate tools.
Daily Ethics: Reflections on perform appears on the moments that call for ethical attention and moral selection that come up as a part of a researcher’s day-by-day perform. Drawing on rules of systematic inquiry as obvious and down to earth in conceptual reasoning, it describes study as praxis and the researcher as practitioner.
- Educating Elites: Class Privilege and Educational Advantage
- Beyond the Asterisk: Understanding Native Students in Higher Education
- Treasured Past, Golden Future: The Centennial History of the University of Southern Mississippi
- The History of U.S. Higher Education – Methods for Understanding the Past (Core Concepts in Higher Education)
- Assessing and Improving Your Teaching: Strategies and Rubrics for Faculty Growth and Student Learning
- Learning Through Storytelling in Higher Education: Using Reflection and Experience to Improve Learning
Extra resources for American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide
American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide by C.J. Shane